Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring

11.

11 is the number of weeks I need to wait until I'm at camp for 7 weeks of fun, Jesus, friends and adventure. You may think this is coming from no where, but I think the number 11 is perfectly placed here at Easter. 11 is a nice number. A doable number.

It's been a really tough winter. I've been feeling so misplaced this winter. I've been treading water, trying to keep my head above the waves of seasonal depression, and just honestly feeling worn down. It's been a long time since I felt in the right place, at home, settled.

This week, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the cross, and what that means for us. When Jesus was hanging there on that cross, with the weight of the world on his shoulders, literally, he said "It is finished." He did this incredible act of sacrifice so we could live in grace. That means we don't need to worry about sin, we are free to live without it. We need not feel guilty, for he has overcome the world. He beat death by being resurrected three days later.

I think sometimes we just think about the resurrection at church, while we're listening to the familiar Easter story. But I also think there are real life resurrection stories that God puts in our lives to illustrated the raw contrast between death and life. This spring is that for me. New life contrasting a cold and dark winter. Sun shining warm on my skin; my cells soaking up each ray. New friends who are sweet as a kiss on the cheek. New opportunities that are exciting and wonderful and that remind me of who I am and all that I am capable of (with Him). All this after a winter of just trying to get by.

And all of these sweet blessing are because of a Savior who bled and died and rose again to conquer the grave to give grace to sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment